Biodiversity Education and Research Lab (BERL), is a research program of ESC with a focus on research, education regarding biodiversity, forest tree phenology, urban tree phenology, homegarden diversity, ethanobotany, folklore knowledge, forest fire and ecosystem adaptability, carbon stock estimation,
Changing climate at regional level
How to address this issue to a high school student, how to look in to this, can we asses to these question we got answer from phenology – as indicator of phenology. Dr. Nanda, A who have doctoral degree for tree phenology from Kuvempu University. With his guidance we started recording tree species data from 2009 to till date for more than 50 species comprising 5000 individuals in Shivamogga dist. Karnataka. Nearly 600 students involved in this program. ESC is guiding them to understand the impact of Climate change on Avenue tree home garden tree urban as well as forest trees.
Tree phenology of Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary,
The objective of this study was to
- characterize the phenological events of tree species (leaf, flower and fruit)
- Leaf lifespan is an adaptive characteristic formed by plants to obtain the maximum carbon in the long-term adaptation process.
- Flowering intensity, duration and pollinator diversity.
- Fruit type and dispersal mechanism and agents.
- How phenology is structured with in a community, population and individual level.
- To generate phenological calendar